What is here?
You can find:
- worksheets for classwork, homework and practical activities
- pages describing and explaining key ideas
- an interactive periodic table
- a chemical calculator.
A Level structure
The specifications for A Level Chemistry are divided in two:
- Core Content (AS Level only)
- Further Content (for a full A Level with the Core Content)
Each of these comprises Physical Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry, and Organic Chemistry.
Core Physical Chemistry
Amount of substance
Chemical equilibria, Le Chatelier’s principle and Kc
Oxidation, reduction and redox equations
Core Inorganic Chemistry
Group 2, the alkaline earth metals
Group 7, the halogens
Core Organic Chemistry
Introduction to organic chemistry
Organic analysis: test tube reactions, Mass spectrometry